Easy Access to Drugs in India’s Largest Wholesale Market
Editorials News | Jul-15-2016
Azadpur Sabzi Mandi, India’s largest wholesale market doesn’t only deals with fruits & vegetables but also in drugs. It is one of the biggest hubs for drug wanderers as well as drug dealers. It is widespread beyond the boundaries of the mandi which includes under flyovers, near bus depots, taxi stands, etc. where people are usually found having it.
Apart from Azadpur Sabzi Mandi, variety of drugs is available at local truck depot located nearby the mandi where small packets of Marijuana are easily available costing Rs.100-120. Truckers, who are usually addicted to Opium, shared their opinions regarding this situation. Manoj, one of the seasonal truck drivers said, “We usually have to put in several hours of work & we have to drive several hundred kilometers a day which isn’t possible without drugs. We usually get our stock of opium from line hotels (dhabas).”
A recent survey on taxi drivers unveils the fact that several people including cops, located at the mandi, are involved in this business & the transporters get Rs.40,000 per shipment. In case, if they are caught, the boss will bail them out but they would be stuck forever in the case.
- Responsibilities Distribution in Iron Age
- How to Study for Exams with Limited Time?
- 7 Best Self-Management Skills - Learn to Manage Yourself
- How Active Listening Boosts Your Performance?
- Virus: Were They Ever Alive?
- Games As A Part Of Daily Living
- What Is Self-Management and How Can You Improve It?
- Pros and Cons of taking Online Courses
- What is Cloning?
- How to Overcome Distractions while Studying Online?