Microplastics in Human Blood
Editorials News | Jul-18-2022
Pollution has reached every part of the world even at the particle level. The plastic invention was found to be a boon for the world in an early phase but soon it turned into a bane because humans started to exploit the plastic and produce plastic products recklessly in large quantities. Because of the cheap cost of production plastic is used widely in the world and the now a matter of concern for global authorities. Reduction of the pollution caused by plastics is a subject that is focused on by major institutions and organizations. Now, the plastic concern and over-pollution problem has expanded to such an extent that plastic is even found in human blood.
For the first time, microplastics have been found in human blood. Scientists have always been concerned about microplastics' harm and recently in a new study, it has been discovered that microplastics are also present in human blood. The method of detecting Microplastics was discovered by researchers where 22 blood samples of healthy individuals were collected out of 17 found to have Microplastics in them.
Microplastics are plastic particles that are less than 5 millimeters in diameter. The microplastics are chippings from a larger plastic product. A large proportion of microplastic found in human blood was 'pet plastic' which is a kind of plastic found in water bottles. Another proportion consisted of 'Polystrene' which is the kind of plastic used in food packaging. 'Polyethylene' was also found in a quarter of samples which is the type of plastic used in carrying bags.
Thus, all these outcomes and results prove that plastic bottles, containers, and bags are not just polluting the environment but also a major source of supplying microplastics in the body. Avoiding these sources would help to reduce the number of microplastics in the human bloodstream.
S. D. Public School
- G20 Summit In India :Agendas & Solution
- The Expansion Of 5G Infrastructure
- Plant Adaptations: Surviving In Diverse Environments
- The Impact Of Sports On Student Engagement In Schools
- Afghanistan Crisis & Refugee Resettlement
- The Role Of Museums In Preserving Art
- International Relations: US-China Relations
- Role Of Music Education In Cognitive & Academic Achievement
- Creative Writing Workshops In Schools: Cultivating Literary Expression
- Exploring Space Science Through Hands-On Activities