Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness varying from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). It is transmitted between animals and people.
There are few myths to escape from Coronavirus.
Those myths are-
1. Hand dryers are credible in killing Coronavirus.
No dryer won’t be able to kill the coronavirus. An individual should wash the hands regularly and should use dry hand- towel or warm air dryer to clean their hands.
2. An ultraviolet disinfection lamp kills the new coronavirus
This can cause skin infection and it does not prevent or destroy the virus.
3. Thermal scanners help in diagnosing people infected with the new coronavirus.
Thermal scanners are only effective in detecting fever.
4. Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body put an end to the new coronavirus
No, this will not kill the viruses that have already entered in your body. In fact, this can be harmful to clothes or eyes, mouth.
5. Packages that are coming from China, contains virus.
No, that does not contain any virus, as CoV does not survive on the objects for too long. You can easily take the letters or packages.
6. Pets at home spread the new coronavirus.
At present, there is no such evidence, as pets can be infected.
7. Vaccinations against pneumonia protect you against the new coronavirus.
No, there are no such vaccinations developed against coronavirus. Researches are trying to develop the vaccination.
8. Rinsing your nose with saline on a regular basis help prevent infection with the new coronavirus.
Saline is a solution of salt in water. This can help an individual to escape from cold but not to escape from coronavirus.
9. Consuming garlic help prevent infection with the new coronavirus
There is no evidence yet.
10. Putting on sesame oil block the new coronavirus from entering the body
Sesame oil will not prevent the new coronavirus. There are some chemical disinfectants like ethanol, per acetic acid and chloroform nut it can be dangerous to put these chemicals on skin.
11. The new coronavirus affects older people, or are younger people also susceptible
An individual of any age can be affected with the coronavirus. Pre- existing medical conditions such as asthama, diabetes, heart disease, will make their conditions more ill.
12. Antibiotics effective in averting and treating the new coronavirus
There are no antibiotics against viruses, only bacteria. There is no specific medicine recommended to prevent the new coronavirus.
By- Suvarna Gupta