Quality of Early Family Relationships Affects Children's Mental Health
Editorials News | Jul-05-2017
The birth of a child is indeed a long awaited and very meaningful event but it also requires a transition in the mindset of the parents to learn how to cope with the new situation. It is this time when the infant undergoes one of their most intense developmental periods. And for this development to take place effectively, it is necessary to give due importance to the role of the fathers, the marital relationship and the family as a whole.
As a result of a dissertation by the Academy of Finland, 6 unique family systems were identified using statistical analysis. The study was conducted for 710 finish families where the child was closely observed at the ages of two and twelve months, and during their middle childhood period.
The children from problematic family types were observed to be more vulnerable to depression which clearly indicates that family related difficulties in managing their own negative emotions pose a great risk for the child’s mental well being. Other similar yet major revelations have been made as part of this 7 year longitudinal study which can help parents to provide a better environment to their children and identify early family related risks before it gets too late.
- Age Well, Think Well: Nurturing Brain Health as We Age
- Mood Matters: Insights into Mood Disorders and Treatment
- Exploring the Relationship between Diet, Nutrients, and Immune Function
- Exploring the Fascinating World of Plant Science
- Examining Its Effects on Global Development
- Strategies for Encouraging Political Participation and Activism
- Art Market Trends: Analysis of Auctions, Galleries, and Collectors
- Examining Themes of Existence, Freedom, and Absurdity
- Legal Implications, Digital Citizenship, and Responsible Online Behavior
- Cultural Impact of Major Sporting Events: Case Studies and Analysis
Most popular news
- The Law Of Equivalent Exchange
- Essay On Issues And Challenges Of Rural Development In India
- Srinivasa Ramanujan And His Inventions
- The Youth Is The Hope Of Our Future!
- Poverty In India: Facts, Causes, Effects And Solutions
- Top 20 Outdoor Games In India
- Festivals Of India: Unity In Diversity
- Role Of Women In Society
- The Impact Of Peer Pressure On Students' Academic Performance
- Books As Companion