10 Interesting Facts about the Human Body
Editorials News | Jan-23-2021
The human body is a complex and fascinating system. We all have learned about the different types of biological systems for eg. Respiratory System, Reproductive System, etc. All these systems play a very important role in our lives. Apart from these, there are many interesting facts about the human body that are not known to all. The following are the 10 lesser-known facts of our human body.
- Did you know your fingernails grow four times faster than your toenails?
- Our bones are four times stronger than concrete.
- Blood makes up about eight percent of our body weight.
- Our eyelashes last about 150 days after they grow once.
- Infants are born with approx. 300 bones and by the time they are adults, only 206 bones are left.
- Our teeth are considered a part of our skeletal system but they are not considered bones.
- Half of the bones present in our body are found in the hands, wrists, feet, and ankles.
- Our body consists of about 100 trillion cells.
- The adult human brain weighs about three pounds.
- Migraines are brought about by a synthetic response in your cerebrum joined with the muscles and nerves of your neck and head.
Did you know any of these facts? They are all so unique and interesting which I am sure many of us didn’t know. Who knew our bodies were so unique and had so many interesting facts?
Now I will leave you with this quote from Bill Gates:
“The human body is the most complex system ever created. The more we learn about it, the more appreciation we have about what a rich system it is.”
By: Ishana Rajnish
Delhi Public School, GBN
- Learn About India – Maldives Relations
- The Smartest Animal In The World
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- Mobile Games That Got Popular in 2020
- Animal Powers
- English Language as a Subject
- Gender Disparity is Another Section of Digital Divide
- Camouflage Mechanism In Animals
- Arrival of Mahatma Gandhi in India