Amazing Facts about Rigveda
Editorials News | Jul-31-2017
‘Veda’ The ancient Indian collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns or usually known as one of the canonical sacred texts of Hinduism. It is also famous as the oldest book known to all mankind, which inspired the birth of Hinduism.
As per many believers, Rigveda is a sacred text which never fails to fascinate scholars and historians and they all acknowledge its significance, even to this day. On that note, let us look at some amazing facts about the Rig Veda –
1. Rigveda is one of the oldest texts in any Indo-Europian language and it might have started as early as 1700 BC, before the existence of most religions.
2. It is a collection of Vedic age Sanskrit hymns that were passed down orally through various generations, before finally being written down.
3. The Rigveda holds many secrets and explanations about the beginning of the world, the greatness of the Gods and a lot of advice for living a fulfilling and happy life.
4. Rig Veda is measured as the oldest, obscure, distant and difficult for the modern to understand.
Indian ancient culture was more advanced in terms of technology than the western world. The credit for almost all the great inventions and discoveries so far has always rested with the Western world. The ancient people had discovered that the sun moves in its orbit which itself is moving before the existence of space craft and other advanced technologies. It is also mentioned in the Rigveda that Earth and other bodies move around the sun due to the force of attraction because the sun is heavier than them.
By: Priyanka Negi
- New Ramsar Sites of India
- How will Technology change our lives in Next Twenty Years?
- Microplastics in Human Blood
- Pets As Our Best Friends
- The Concept Of Diffusion And Osmosis
- Paper Production And Recycling
- The History Of Anthropology
- Carbon Cycle- A Biogeochemical Process
- Are Vaccinations Beneficial?
- Modern People are Technological Zombies