5 Steps For a Successful Meditation
1. Wear comfortable clothing:
2. Find your spot: Find a spot where you feel peaceful and at ease. It must be a good energy spot that is both secure and free of distractions. Perhaps by a tree in your yard or a room that is soft and pleasing to the eye and senses. Regardless of what place you choose, you must be comfortable there. Most
3. Choose the best position: There are several positions you can use and there is no hard and fast rule on the right one to use. I prefer to sit cross-legged on a soft thin pillow. In the beginning, it will be easier to sit Indian leg style without placing one of your feet on top of the opposite leg. As you gain flexibility you will be able to graduate to this more traditional style called the half lotus. More important than the seated style you use is to make sure you keep your back straight. It will be uncomfortable at first so don't get discouraged. If
4. Choose a type of meditation: Rather than explain all the different methods of meditation I will suggest the one that I feel is the most effective for beginning meditation. Find some soothing music that you can listen to with a set of headphones. The music must be pleasing for you and not distracting. The music
5. Meditate on your chakras: There are seven main chakras points in your body, but we'll only meditate on three of them. This meditation technique directs our specialize in the Navel, Heart, and pineal eye Chakras. As you begin your session you'll begin by concentrating on your Navel chakra. You will place your specialize in this area of your body and nowhere else. If it helps you'll place two fingers on this chakra to assist you to focus your concentration on this area. If you discover your mind wandering, gently bring your focus back to the navel chakra. This chakra will generate an incredible amount of energy as you become better . You will spend about five minutes at first on each chakra. As you become more comfortable you will increase the time to ten minutes and then fifteen minutes. Include only the three chakras discussed and you will see that you will not need to waste your time on including the other chakras at this point. These three are quite powerful when opened and can induce profound experiences of consciousness. As you become an expert during this sort of meditation you'll want to experiment with the opposite chakras. That is completely up to you but I like to recommend this initiative. You must perfect this type of meditation before you'll hope to realize the advantages of meditating on the opposite chakras.
By: Suraj Kushwaha
Ekta High School, Chhatarpur