Anubha Das21 Jul, 2016
"Come on! Everyone is missing Maths class. Let's do so too!" says the coolest child in the class. Do you do what you know is correct and go for the Math class or do you give in and go with them?
This is what we call ‘Peer Pressure’. The basic idea is that what everyone is doing can influence children to leave their better judgement, or common sense and run with the group. Peer pressure is how adolescents’ activities are shaped by wanting to feel that they belong to a group of peers.
Peer pressure can be both positive as well as negative though. For example, children might be influenced to become more confident, seek new activities, or to get more involved with school. But it can be negative as well. Some children might choose to try things which are inappropriate, such as taking part in antisocial behaviour.
Coping well with peer pressure is about getting the right balance between being yourself and fitting in your group. And this can be done by giving them proper guidance. Friend’s are the family that we choose. So, we should always surround ourselves with peers who will lift us higher and help us make good decisions.
Because, when you are saying ‘Yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying a ‘No’ to yourself.
- Reasons Why My Father Is My Idol
- Impact of the Internet on Children
- Ethical Hacker: Securing the Internet
- Plastic Isn't Fantastic- Poem
- What Makes You A Great Leader!
- CORONA: Humans Coughing, Earth Breathing!
- How Automation Will Affect Jobs
- Employability of Indian Students
- Outrunning Automation
- Impact of Soft Skills in Employment
- Teenager Suicides in India
- Get To Know All About Periods
- Arise, Awake And Stop Not Until The Goal Is Reached
- Behavioural Assessment Is The Key To Become A Better Teacher!
- Journalism Through The Eyes of FairGaze
- Menstruation And Its Hygiene: Not A Taboo But A Natural Phenomenon!
- Stop Drug! Stop Abuse!
- The World Wide Web: Get Tangled, or Unravel the Treasures of WWW
- Delve into Grandma’s Recipes: Time To Revisit The Indian Way Of “Eat Healthy And Live Healthy”
- Cook Without Fire: Easy Non Fire Cooking Dishes