Sleep Routine affects the Brain
Anubha Das05 Nov, 2016
Sleep is food for the brain. During sleep, important body functions and brain activity occur & skipping sleep can be harmful.
It is important for the students to have sleep routine according to their study schedule. Though, the students tend to have irregular sleep patterns across the whole week. They typically stay up late and sleep late on the weekend, which affects their biological clocks and hurt the quality of their sleep. Students need about 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night to function best. Most students do not get enough sleep — a study found that only 15% reported sleeping 8 1/2 hours on school nights.
It has been found that disturbed sleep patterns can impair memory, shrink the brain & raise stress levels. A disturbed sleep routine can limit a student’s ability to learn, listen, concentrate & solve problems. Therefore, reduced sleep, especially when it occurs at key times in the development of a student, could impact on health throughout the life.
The only solution to this is that the students should sleep for desirable amount of time. They need to set a balance between their day to day work, studies, fun time & sleep. The Z’s are as important as to studying.
- Reasons Why My Father Is My Idol
- Impact of the Internet on Children
- Ethical Hacker: Securing the Internet
- Plastic Isn't Fantastic- Poem
- What Makes You A Great Leader!
- CORONA: Humans Coughing, Earth Breathing!
- How Automation Will Affect Jobs
- Employability of Indian Students
- Outrunning Automation
- Impact of Soft Skills in Employment
- Teenager Suicides in India
- Get To Know All About Periods
- Arise, Awake And Stop Not Until The Goal Is Reached
- Behavioural Assessment Is The Key To Become A Better Teacher!
- Journalism Through The Eyes of FairGaze
- Menstruation And Its Hygiene: Not A Taboo But A Natural Phenomenon!
- Stop Drug! Stop Abuse!
- The World Wide Web: Get Tangled, or Unravel the Treasures of WWW
- Delve into Grandma’s Recipes: Time To Revisit The Indian Way Of “Eat Healthy And Live Healthy”
- Cook Without Fire: Easy Non Fire Cooking Dishes