Effect Of Global Warming On Climate
Assistant Editor22 Apr, 2020
Global warming is the long-term heating of Earth’s climate system observed since the pre-industrial period (between 1850 and 1900) due to human activities, primarily fossil fuel burning, which increases heat-trapping greenhouse gas levels in Earth’s atmosphere. The term is frequently used interchangeably with the term climate change, though the latter refers to both human- and naturally produced warming and the effects it has on our planet. Itis most commonly measured as the average increase in Earth’s global surface temperature. Heat is energy and when you add energy to any system changes occur.
Because all systems in the global climate system are connected, adding heat energy causes the global climate as a whole to change.
Much of the world is covered with the ocean which heats up. When the ocean heats up, more water evaporates into clouds.
Where storms like hurricanes and typhoons are forming, the result is more energy-intensive storms. A warmer atmosphere makes glaciers and mountain snowpacks, the Polar ice cap, and the great ice shield jutting off of Antarctica melt rising sea levels.
By: Pradeep Lochan Panda, HOD Physics
School: ITL PUBLIC SCHOOL
- A Journey of a Student’s School Life
- Education and Sports Go Hand In Hand
- New Education Policy
- Traditional Education vs. Online Education
- Green Revolution in India
- Is Nature Sending Us A Message?
- Shocking Facts About Mount Everest
- 9 Study Tips For Competitive Exams
- Cultural Intelligence: The Elixir for a Healthy Global Community
- What’s Next After 10th, 12th or Graduation? Where To Go And How To Choose?
- Lal Bahadur Shastri: The Unforgettable Hero
- What Is An Eclipse - All You Need To Know!
- No Teachers’ Day Celebration In Various Schools In Delhi-NCR
- India's Freedom Movement - The Angels Who Dared
- The Human Mind and Omnifarious Intelligence
- Bring Forth The Talent Within You
- Teachers Training Will Help Revamp Our Education System
- Mission Buniyaad - Parega India Tabhi To Age Badhega India
- Engineering Myths
- Time Out For Safety