Is Nature Sending Us A Message?
Assistant Editor22 Apr, 2020
The climate is changing. The earth is warming up, and there is now overwhelming scientific consensus that it is happening, and human-induced. With global warming on theincrease and species and their habitats on the decrease, chances for ecosystemsto adapt naturally are diminishing.
While the novel coronavirus is unveiling differences and structural fault lines in the environment around us, in India, the spread of the virus is underscoring how unequal and unsustainable the country’s urbanization process has been for a long time. Nevertheless, while our species is in temporary retreat during the lockdowns, wildlife has filled the vacuum.
In the national capital, Delhi, which tops the list of most polluted cities in the world during the winter season, the AQI data has witnessed a reduction of almost 70 percent as compared to air quality in March 2019. With less boat traffic, the water in Venice's canals is clear instead of its usual murky green color. So is nature sending us a message?
By: Dhruvi Chandyoke
School: ITL Public School
- Education and Sports Go Hand In Hand
- New Education Policy
- Traditional Education vs. Online Education
- Green Revolution in India
- Effect Of Global Warming On Climate
- Shocking Facts About Mount Everest
- 9 Study Tips For Competitive Exams
- Cultural Intelligence: The Elixir for a Healthy Global Community
- What’s Next After 10th, 12th or Graduation? Where To Go And How To Choose?
- Lal Bahadur Shastri: The Unforgettable Hero
- What Is An Eclipse - All You Need To Know!
- No Teachers’ Day Celebration In Various Schools In Delhi-NCR
- India's Freedom Movement - The Angels Who Dared
- The Human Mind and Omnifarious Intelligence
- Bring Forth The Talent Within You
- Teachers Training Will Help Revamp Our Education System
- Mission Buniyaad - Parega India Tabhi To Age Badhega India
- Engineering Myths
- Time Out For Safety
- CBSE Toppers 2018