Balance Between Studies and Extracurricular Activities
Tanvi Minocha13 Jul, 2016
‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’ We all have heard this, and know that it is true till some extent. Students these days are engrossed in their studies, and when not there, in the internet. Only a small number of students get involved in extracurricular activities.
Some cannot participate in extracurricular activities because they feel they will not be able to do it, while some cannot because their parents feel it is not necessary, and would be a waste of time. But they are misguided, as extracurricular activities, in the right amount, can prove to be beneficial to their children.
Extracurricular activities help in the development of the children, mentally, physically, and in socially. They let the child discover & explore their interest areas, and follow them passionately. A student who is involved in two or more activities, along with his coursework, will be better at time management than one who is not.
Teens must get involved in extracurricular activities, so that they know how to act at social gatherings, and these activities will also provide them with learning opportunities outside the school/college. Extracurricular activities also make the mind stronger, and can refresh the brain, making it easier for a student to work on his/her homework.
While there are many benefits of extracurricular activities, they should be done only upto a limit. Excess of anything is bad. Over-involvement can hamper the academic performance of the student. It will also affect his/her health, if adequate rest is not given to the body & brain.
Therefore, a balance between the two needs to be maintained. Both things should be pursued, but in equal & appropriate amounts.
- A Journey of a Student’s School Life
- Education and Sports Go Hand In Hand
- New Education Policy
- Traditional Education vs. Online Education
- Green Revolution in India
- Effect Of Global Warming On Climate
- Is Nature Sending Us A Message?
- Shocking Facts About Mount Everest
- 9 Study Tips For Competitive Exams
- Cultural Intelligence: The Elixir for a Healthy Global Community
- What’s Next After 10th, 12th or Graduation? Where To Go And How To Choose?
- Lal Bahadur Shastri: The Unforgettable Hero
- What Is An Eclipse - All You Need To Know!
- No Teachers’ Day Celebration In Various Schools In Delhi-NCR
- India's Freedom Movement - The Angels Who Dared
- The Human Mind and Omnifarious Intelligence
- Bring Forth The Talent Within You
- Teachers Training Will Help Revamp Our Education System
- Mission Buniyaad - Parega India Tabhi To Age Badhega India
- Engineering Myths